We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present, the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this in the open (under an MIT open source license) because we believe in open source innovation and its ability to accelerate growth.
OP Labs is building Optimism mainnet, and by extension, the infrastructure that powers all OP-Stack chains. We are improving Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude and donating the profits from doing so to funding Ethereum public goods. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs can align its incentives with the public good and take positive-sum steps toward a sustainable future for the internet.
We're looking for a Senior Accountant who's excited to immerse themselves in web3 accounting and finance to help manage and influence how we develop our ecosystem. At Optimism you will not only learn how to manage web2 finances but be on the cutting edge of web3 governance and tokenomics development. Join our team and get ready to fall down the Optimism rabbit hole.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work with a sense of urgency to support the Financial Controller
- Create clearly documented SOPs for crypto, grant distributions and general financial processes
- Interact with outsourced accounting team to ensure proper close of books and identify areas of unusual activity
- Register and pay taxes for state and federal levels including filing all necessary forms to ensure compliance
- Manage day to day financial activities like bill pay, expense reimbursements and cash management
What skills do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree, 1-2+ years experience as an accountant at a high growth startup or Big 4 accounting firm
- Hyper organized with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand and explain contract terminology
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts (revenue recognition, depreciation, intangible assets, capitalization)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Able to work in a flexible manner across time zones and business teams
- Experience in web3 is a plus but not required (you should have interest in web3!)
What will you like about us?
- We take care of our employees. Competitive compensation, fully paid medical, dental, and vision, and a 4% 401K match—learn more about our benefits, culture, and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from varied backgrounds. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We’re fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and like to have fun.
- We think long-term. Our founders have been scaling Ethereum since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.