Business Development Manager (Gaming)
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism's network improves Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
OP Labs is looking for a Gaming Partnerships and Strategy Manager to develop key partnerships with gaming stakeholders, including crypto-native developers and studios. You'll create and own long-term gaming strategies, ensuring alignment with our long term strategy and goals. Ideal candidates have experience in gaming studio partnerships, a solid understanding of blockchain, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to align internal stakeholders and present to diverse audiences. Join us in shaping the future of gaming and blockchain.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Develop and manage key partnerships with businesses and stakeholders in the Gaming ecosystem including crypto native game developers and game studios
- Develop and own strategy process and framework for Gaming strategy long-term as well as formulating
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure partnership goals align with company product, marketing, and sales objectives
- Develop a deep knowledge and ability to speak credibly about the Superchain and how it relates to the future of gaming.
- Communicate effectively with partners and internal teams to ensure alignment and achievement of KPIs
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, competitive landscape, and partnership opportunities
What skills do you bring?
- Experience in establishing partnerships with large game studios investing in blockchain, crypto native game developers, and game IPs
- Strong understanding of the blockchain landscape, from infrastructure to immediate use cases for gaming, and the key up and coming players in each
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to identify, pursue and close complex partnerships
- Experience in driving alignment from key internal stakeholders to support strategic decisions
- Ability to present and speak in public to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.