IT Operations Engineer
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism's network improves Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
We are hiring an IT operations engineer to integrate, administer and maintain the systems that keep OP Labs running smoothly (Google Workspace, Slack, Github, TailScale, etc). OP Labs is a fully remote company, and your work will connect Optimists from around the world and contribute directly to the company’s mission of scaling Ethereum. As an IT Operations Engineer, you will play a critical role across our entire portfolio of endpoint devices and third party applications. You'll enable all Optimists to work better together: more efficiently, productively, and collaboratively, while maintaining our high security bar.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Lead the implementation and operation of our IT infrastructure, from hardware to software.
- Implements corporate device and application management policies, by collaborating with our people and legal teams.
- Act as the service owner for multiple company-wide SaaS applications.
- Act as a solutions architect and strategist for the SaaS applications and services that OP Labs relies upon.
- Directly integrate (and support efforts to integrate) SaaS applications with other parts of our corporate technology stack.
- Lead projects to audit and optimize our SaaS portfolio, focusing on improvements to security, permissions, automation, scalability, end-user experience, and license usage.
- Develop programs or processes to communicate and drive adoption of new IT product features company-wide.
What skills do you bring?
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience in system administration or engineering
- Expertise managing Google Workspace and other enterprise productivity applications (e.g., Slack / Github).
- Ability to plan, manage, code, and support multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Strong project and task management skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment across teams
Nice to haves
- Experience working with REST API endpoints leveraging various authentication methods (OAuth, JWT, API keys/secrets, etc.)
- Google Professional Google Workspace Administrator or Professional Collaboration Engineer Certification
- Experience with GCP/cloud providers
- Slack Admin and/or Developer Certification
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.