Legal Operations Manager
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only does the Optimism network improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, the profits generated from doing so are donated to Ethereum public goods. This ethos is also core to the identity of OP Labs: the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work proactively and with a sense of urgency to support the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel
- Prepare documentation and manage standard corporate governance processes, including board consents, minutes, and cap table and incentive pool plan administration
- Under the supervision of senior attorneys, prepare commercial agreements and other documents based on pre-established outlines and forms; manage and improve the company’s form agreements
- Own the legal filing system, including inventorying and tracking contracts and key deal terms
- Work with the company’s lawyers and outside counsel, review and protect the company’s IP portfolio, including by preparing UDRP notices and social-media impersonator takedowns
- Coordinate cross-functionally and with external parties, such as the business, HR, and finance units, along with outside counsel, to deliver excellent work product that is responsive to the needs of the company
- Whatever else may come up: OP Labs is a hypergrowth organization that iterates constantly towards our goals
What skills do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years experience as a Corporate Paralegal, Legal Operation or Legal Assistant
- Hyper organized with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to understand and explain contract terminology
- Basic understanding of corporate and contractual concepts (e.g. signing authority, necessary parties, contractual elements, etc.)
- Strong time and project management skills
- Able to work in a flexible manner across time zones and business teams
- Demonstrated interest in web3 is a plus but not required
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.