Technical Support Manager
From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation.
Not only does the Optimism network improve Ethereum's performance by orders of magnitude, the profits generated from doing so are donated to Ethereum public goods. This ethos is also core to the identity of OP Labs: the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
OP Labs is looking for a Technical Support Manager to join our Developer Relations team. You will be responsible for managing the technical support function and ensuring that issues from partners, developers, and OP Stack contributors are being addressed in a timely and effective manner. You will also work closely with other members of the Developer Relations team to ensure that customer needs are being met and to provide feedback to the product team.
- Manage the technical support function, including responding to support requests, triaging issues, and developing new support processes or tools as needed.
- Ensure that partner and customer issues are being addressed in a timely and effective manner, and work closely with the Developer Relations, Product, and Engineering teams to resolve complex issues.
- Rigorously track and report on issues and the support function as a whole, defining key metrics and how they are reported to leadership.
- Act as a strong internal advocate for developers using OP products, in particular advocating for long term and proactive solutions to common issues.
- Work closely with the product team to provide feedback on customer needs and identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials to support customers and internal teams.
- Establish process to leverage open source developers who identify, track, and resolve issues in public with the developer community.
- Work closely with the Optimism Foundation to manage technical support contributor team.
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, with a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong technical skills and experience with troubleshooting complex issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with customers, internal teams, and external partners.
- Experience managing a technical support team is a plus.
What you'll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we've got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.