Principal Developer Advocate
Base is planning to bring a million developers and a billion users onchain. We need your help to make that happen.
Base’s mission is to build a global onchain economy that increases innovation, creativity, and economic freedom.
We believe that the onchain platform is the most important builder platform since the internet (“online”). We believe that the onchain platform should be open source, free to use, and globally available. And we believe that in order to make it really work, we need all hands on deck, working together to scale in a secure, decentralized, easy-to-use way.
Base is incubated within Coinbase and plans to progressively decentralize in the years ahead. We believe that decentralization is critical to creating an open, global cryptoeconomy that is accessible to everyone.
Base is built on Optimism’s open-source OP Stack. We’re joining as the second Core Dev team working on the OP Stack to ensure it’s a public good available to everyone; and contributing a portion of sequencer revenue to funding public goods.
Base is searching for a passionate and charismatic Developer Advocate to join the Developer Relations team. You’ll work with the engineering, product, ecosystem, and creative teams to realize Base’s mission of building a global onchain economy. If you are highly technical and have a passion for building onchain, and if you attune with our mission, please get in touch.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Grow Base’s builder community by engaging with creators to help their projects flourish
- Craft technical content to equip developers with the knowledge they need to succeed at building onchain
- Collaborate with other builders at hackathons to assist them in creating new projects
- Make it easier for builders to create onchain apps by creating imaginative open source tools
- Identify builder needs and obstacles and work with the Base product and engineering teams to find creative solutions
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Substantial computer science foundation, with the ability to build productively onchain with all of the popular onchain libraries. You’ll be coding at least 20% of the time
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities, including the knack for simplifying complex subjects into easily comprehensible ideas
- Capability to thrive in a dynamic, occasionally uncertain setting with limited supervision
- Experience with building and participating in onchain communities that are focused on creating public goods and funding creators to build
- Alignment with Base’s mission and desire to create a better world
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Go and Rust
- Experience building in a startup or for an open source project
Job #: P54821
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.